Salve Regina opened up today's contest with 27 unanswered points, and never looked back as running back Sam Pascale (Cheshire, Conn.) and quarterback Brandon Basil (Northford, Conn.) led the way with five combined touchdowns
The Gulls, meanwhile, broke up the Seahawks' shutout bid with a three-yard touchdown catch from quarterback Joe Kalosky (Plymouth, Conn.) to tight end Ricardo Matos(Miami, Fla.) at the 7:25 mark of the third quarter before both teams exchanged two scores apiece to close out the remainder of the game.
Down the stretch, Endicott saw Hakim Fleming (Bridgeport, Conn.) punch home a nine-yard TD run in the third (1:11, 34-13), and Zach DeNike (Old Tappan, N.J.) haul in a 50-yard strike with 4:07 left in the matchup.
ENDICOTT OFFENSE/DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS
- All of today's touchdowns were scored by freshmen.
- Kalosky finished the game with 200 yards passing (14-for-32), two touchdowns, and one interception.
- Denike grabbed three catches for 53 yards and a TD, while Matos also had three catches for 25 yards.
- In total, Denike compiled 170 all-purpose yards (-2 run, 53 receiving, 107 kickoff return, 12 punt return).
- Fleming registered 31 yards on the ground and one touchdown on eight carries.
- McLaughlin paced the defense tying his career-high in tackles with 14, including nine solo stops (five assisted, 1.0 TFL).
- Christian Filonow (Nashua, N.H.) ranked second on the team in tackles with 10 (seven solo), and also picked off a pass in the end zone to keep the deficit at 20-0 in the first half, at the time.
- Brett Fox (Niantic, Conn.) registered 238 yards punting on six attempts (39.7 average, 57 long, 2 inside-20).
SALVE REGINA OFFENSE/DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS
- The Seahawks outgained Endicott 614-243, and won the time of possession matchup 37:34-22:26.
- Pascale rushed the ball 29 times for 178 yards, and three touchdowns.
- Basil went 24-for-38 passing to go along with 367 yards, two TDs, and one interception.
- Steve Croce (Cheshire, Conn.) guided the receiving corps with 127 yards on six catches.
- Chris Caron (Northford, Conn.) and Brendan Nunes (Attleboro, Mass.) both caught touchdown passes to begin the game as Caron scored at the 5:14 mark of the first quarter, and Nunes found the end zone at 13:02 of the second.
- Joey Farrar (Watertown, Mass.) collected a team-high eight tackles (five solo, three assisted, 1.0 TFL).
- Francisco Hardacker (Minneapolis, Minn.) also highlighted the defense with four tackles, one interception, and a game-high three pass breakups.
Endicott (3-5, 3-2 NEFC) travels to Coast Guard on Saturday, November 5 for a league game at 12 p.m. Salve Regina (7-0, 5-0 NEFC) takes on unbeaten Western New England University (8-0, 5-0 NEFC) next Saturday at 12 p.m.