BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's ice hockey team fell to Salve Regina University, 4-2, on Thursday night in a conference matchup at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Salve Regina scored three of its four goals on the power play, including a pair of man-advantage markers in the first, to bump its record to 4-1-0 overall and 3-0-0 in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action.
Endicott did bring the game within one goal with 15:23 remaining in the contest on a one-timer tally from Cam Bleck (Lake Forest, Ill.), but Seahawks' sophomore Pat Thompson (Hellertown, Pa.) thwarted any comeback bid by the Gulls when he notched an empty netter, untouched, on the power play at 19:29.
Blake Wotjala (Trenton, Mich.) stopped 40 shots in the win (4-1-0), while Kevin Aldridge (Birminham, Mich.) had 16 saves in the loss (0-2-2).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Ross Olsson (Billerica, Mass.) scored his second goal of the season from the right face-off circle at 11:35 of the second period on feeds from Logan Day(Seminole, Fla.) and Tommy Besinger (Milton, Mass.).
- Bleck buried his first goal of the year from right face-off dot as well, via assists from Besinger and Jason Kalinowski (Stamford, Conn.). The assist for Kalinowski was his first in an Endicott uniform.
- Day led the team in blocked shots with three.
- Besinger won a game-high 25 faceoffs, while Jack Musil (Hull, England) was second among all student-athletes in the contest with 17 wins.
FOR SALVE REGINA
- Schultz finished with the game-winning goal and one assist.
- Thompson paced all scorers with two markers on the night.
- Nick Cyr (Mount Laurel, N.J.) finished with two helpers.
- Salve Regina has now outscored the Gulls 12-2 in the Raymond J. Bourque arena and owns a 3-0 record in those games.
Endicott (0-2-2, 0-2-1 CCC) travels to Johnson & Wales this Saturday at 7:20 p.m. Salve Regina (4-1-0, 3-0-0 CCC) hosts the University of New England on Saturday at 4 p.m.