SEAHAWK MEN'S ICE HOCKEY RESULTS
Salve Regina 3, Western New England 2
Portsmouth, Rhode Island - Portsmouth Abbey
Saturday, November 4, 2017
Series and Streaks
The Seahawks now lead the all-time series 19-10-1.
Three Stars of the Game
- Salve Regina sophomore Jack Billings (Oak Lawn, Ill.) scored what proved to be the game-winning goal 55 seconds into the third period and notched an assist.
- Salve Regina freshman Danny Eruzione (Wintrhop, Mass.) scored in the first period and assisted on Billing's game-winner.
- WNE junior Kevin Gollmer (Flourtown, Pa.) made 25 saves in the loss to fall to 2-1-1 overall in net.
Jack Billings scored 55 seconds into the third period to give the Seahawks a 3-1 lead, but 35 seconds later Adamo Giacomin (Richmond Hill, Ont.) answered back with the game's only powerplay goal to keep the Golden Bears within a single score. However the Golden Bears could only put five shots on frame the rest of the period, and none in the final five minutes as the Seahawks hung on for the 3-2 victory.
- Colin Clapton (Canton, Mass.) got the scoring started for the Seahawks, firing in a rebound from the left side at 12:52, then Eruzione knocked in a follow-up shot from the right side at 16:47 for a 2-0 lead.
- Both Eruzione and Billings have recorded points in each of the first three games.
- Matt O'Dea (Orland Park, Ill.) scored 29 seconds into the second period to draw the Golden Bears within one.
- Blake Wojtala (Trenton, Mich.) stopped 16 shots to improve to 2-1-0 between the pipes for Salve Regina.
- The Seahawks outshot the Golden Bears 28-18.
- WNE went 1-3 on the powerplay while the Seahawks were held to 0-3 on the man advantage.
Salve Regina (2-1-0, 1-1-0 CCC) - hosts Suffolk on Friday, November 10, at 7 p.m.
Western New England (2-1-0, 1-1-0 CCC) - travels to face Curry on Friday, November 10, at 7 p.m.