SEAHAWK MEN'S ICE HOCKEY RESULTS
Salve Regina 5, Endicott 1
Portsmouth Abbey - Portsmouth, R.I.
Saturday, November 17, 2018
PORTSMOUTH, R.I. - The Salve Regina University men's ice hockey team defeated visiting Endicott College in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action Saturday night to sweep the season series.
Series and Streaks
The Seahawks have won four straight in the series and own a 7-2 advantage all-time over the Gulls.
Three Stars of the Game
- Salve Regina senior Blake Wojtala (Trenton, Mich.) stopped 33 shots to improve to 4-1-1 between the pipes.
- Salve Regina sophomore Paul Boutoussov (Dana Point, Calif.) scored a 4-on-4 goal and had an assist on a short handed goal.
- Salve Regina sophomore John McLean (North Andover, Mass.) scored the game-winning goal on the powerplay in the first period and assisted on a 4-on-4 goal in the third.
Key Stat of the Game
There were 22 total penalties in the game and the Seahawks held the Gulls to 1-for-10 on the powerplay while scoring a short handed goal.
Trailing 2-0 the Gulls went to the powerplay late in the second period to try and draw within a goal. However Paul Boutoussov tracked down a puck in Gulls territory along the boards and threaded a pass to Matthew Kidney (Leonardo, N.J.) who lit the lamp shorthanded for the Seahawks to swing momentum back to the Seahawks and establish a three goal lead.
- Freshman Elijah Harris (Haverhill, Mass.) got the start in net for the Gulls and made 27 saves in the loss to fall to 0-1-0.
- James Winkler (York, Maine) scored the lone Gulls goal on the powerplay in the third period to make the score 4-1.
- Dylan Carabia (Sebeastian, Fla.) answered with a 4-on-4 goal to create the final 5-1 margin.
- The Gulls held a 34-32 shot advantage.
Salve Regina (4-1-1, 4-1-1 CCC) travels to Saratoga Springs, N.Y., for a tournament on November 24, while Endicott (3-3-1, 3-3-0 CCC) hosts Salem State on November 25.