SEAHAWK WOMEN'S SOCCER RESULTS
Roger Williams 2, Salve Regina 1 [OT]
Reynolds Field - Newport, Rhode Island
Saturday, October 5, 2019
NEWPORT, R.I. (October 5, 2019) -- Freshman forward Bianca Robbins (Johnston, R.I.) scored her first career goal in overtime to lift visiting Roger Williams University to a 2-1 victory over the Salve Regina University women's soccer team in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action Saturday afternoon.
Series and Streaks
Roger Williams lead 26-6-5 all-time and have won nine in a row over the Seahawks.
Three Stars of the Game
- Roger Williams freshman Bianca Robbins scored in the 97th minute.
- Salve Regina freshman Meagan McLaughlin (East Hampton, Conn.) scored her team-leading eighth goal of the season in the 53rd to put the Seahawks up 1-0.
- Roger Williams graduate student Arianna Delli Caprini (Bedford Hills, N.Y.) scored in the 75th to even the game 1-1.
Key Stat of the Game
Roger Williams held a 28-9 shot advantage, 20-5 in the second half as the Hawks mounted their comeback.
Delli Caprini's header off a corner kick in the 75th gave life back to the Hawks who continued to press the action against the Seahawks. In overtime the Hawks recorded the only shots on the extra frame including the game winner. Robbins received a ball from midfield that bounced to her in stride and onside. She was able to cut around the Seahawks netminder out near the 18-yard line and get just enough of a shot away before she was tackled, and the ball rolled into the open net, giving the Hawks the comeback victory on the road.
- Jenna Park (Barrington, R.I.) made 11 saves in the contest to fall to 6-5-0 in net for the Seahawks.
- Morgan Strassburg (Longmeadown, Mass.) made two saves in the victory to improve to 6-5-0 in net for the Hawks.
- Roger Williams held a 10-2 edge in corners.
Salve Regina (7-5-0, 2-1-0 CCC) travels to play UMass Boston on October 8. Roger Williams (8-6-0, 2-1-0 CCC) enjoys a week off before traveling to play Wentworth on October 12.